[PulseNet Africa] FW: Online survey to assess laboratory capacity for isolation and identification of Campylobacter

pulsenetafrica at lists.wits.ac.za pulsenetafrica at lists.wits.ac.za
Wed Jun 18 16:23:16 SAST 2014

Dear Sir/Madam
I cannot access the monkey because the computer is too slow. We did culture
campylobacter from stools of children as part of Master of Medicine
Research in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the qualification;
briefly stool was cultured on campylobacter medium and microaerophilic
conditions created using iron fillings in a tight plastic container.
In summary we can carry out this activity but it is not a continous process
because of lack of logistics
The laboratory is in the process of preparing for accreditation
Thank you
Yours faithfully
Najjuka C.F
Lecturer