[SAHS] KLI Dissertation Writing-up Fellowship Call: “Dealing with diversity in the life and sustainability sciences”

Chris Holdridge Chris.Holdridge at nwu.ac.za
Thu Jan 21 15:31:15 SAST 2021

KLI Dissertation Writing-up Fellowship Call
“Dealing with diversity in the life and sustainability sciences”
https://www.kli.ac.at/content/en/fellowships/call_wu-fellowships2020

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder that the Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution and
Cognition Research (KLI) in Klosterneuburg (Austria) recently announced
5 Writing-Up Fellowships for late-stage PhD students working on topics
related to “Dealing with diversity in the life and sustainability
sciences”. This call aims to support an interdisciplinary cohort of
late-stage PhD students whose work deals with diversity in the life and
sustainability sciences. The 5 KLI Writing-up Fellowships are not
restricted to specific topics or approaches. However, as A Home to
Theory that Matters, the KLI will support projects that engage with
theoretical and conceptual work in the life and sustainability sciences
as well as philosophical, historical, and sociological work related to
these fields. Though not exclusively, we look forward to receiving
applications especially in the following research areas:  (1) Theories
and concepts to explain the evolution of human diversity, (2) Theories
and concepts to understand and foster diversity of life forms, (3)
Theories and concepts about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the life
and sustainability sciences.

Who is encouraged to apply? The fellowships aim to support doctoral
students in the final stage of their PhD research. Writing-up
fellowships are individual fellowships awarded to work independently on
the applicant’s research project supervised by their advisor in the home
university. The 5 fellowships are especially well-suited for two
categories of PhD students: (1) Those who have completed empirical
research and wish to use the Writing-up fellowship to elaborate on the
(conceptual, epistemological, and methodological) underpinnings and
implications of their work. (2) Those whose research deals with the
historical, philosophical, and conceptual foundations of research in the
disciplines mentioned above in relation to diversity.

To learn more about the details of the fellowship, the benefits of
working at the KLI, and the application and selection process, please
consult our website. Deadline is Feb 15, 2021.

We invite you to subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about
our events and latest fellowships.

Dr. Lynn Chiu

Communications Officer
KLI Klosterneuburg