[Sugarman] A2 meeting to discuss WISER Mellon collaboration: Tuesday, 8 October

Gabrielle Hecht hechtg at umich.edu
Tue Sep 17 21:00:07 SAST 2013

Dear All,

Keith Breckenridge will be at UM in early October. During his visit, we hope to get as many A2 people together as possible to discuss our collaboration with WISER. We'd especially like to discuss our first workshop, scheduled to begin May 8 in Johannesburg on the theme "Writing Theory from the South." (To refresh your memory, I've included the essential bits of previous emails on this topic below)

Our window of opportunity for this meeting is limited to Tuesday, 8 October. But we have several options that day. Please go to the following Doodle poll to indicate your availability. I know everyone is crazy-busy, but do please be as generous as possible with your options, since there are many schedules to juggle!

http://doodle.com/mw5kdpmtye2y6m7m

Let me further implore you to reply ASAP, so that those of us holding all these times open can liberate slots for yet other meetings.

Keith will also be speaking on his research while he's here. Mark your calendar for Monday, 7 October, 4-5:30 pm, to hear him talk on "The Infrastructure of Post-Imperial Citizenship: The Global Adoption of the South African Model of Biometric Government," in 1014 Tisch Hall. I will forward the official announcement closer to the time.

Thanks and best,
Gabrielle

Gabrielle Hecht
Professor of History, University of Michigan
Director, Program in Science, Technology, and Society
Associate Director, African Studies Center

Begin forwarded message: