[Sugarman] Mellon report

Derek Peterson drpeters at umich.edu
Fri Aug 19 18:24:26 SAST 2016

Dear Sugarman-ites:

Keith Breckenridge and I are preparing the 2015-16 report for the Mellon Foundation concerning the ongoing collaboration joining WiSER with UM’s ASC.

Could I ask you please to send me (at drpeters at umich.edu <mailto:drpeters at umich.edu>) news of any publications or achievements that have been animated by this collaboration? It is extremely helpful to point at substantial ‘deliverables’ when reporting to Mellon.

As a reminder: in the last few years we’ve had workshops on ‘Theory from the Global South’; ‘African Studies in the Digital Age’; ‘Public Space, Infrastructure, and Informality in the Splintering City’; ‘History since E.P. Thompson’; ‘African Print Cultures’; and ‘Trash and Toxicity’. There have in addition been working groups on capitalism and other subjects.

Do let me hear from you.

Many thanks,

Derek

---