[Witsmedaidpensioners] Medical Aid Review - Wits University

Melanie Dobbs Melanie.Dobbs at wits.ac.za
Thu Jun 6 15:30:50 SAST 2013

Dear All,

Please accept my apologies for the confusion in the communication to the pensioner members re: the Wits Medical Aid Review.

The way forward:-

Please find 3 chronological documents relating to the Medical Aid review project. (Beginning with the report made in February 2013).

Hopefully this will clarify the full issue.

The two most relevant points to note at this stage of the Medical Aid Review project at this time are:

1.       The Review has not yet begun. The discussions so far have been largely related to the methodology of accessing opinions from medical aid members. The point the review is at now is that  a questionnaire, intended for all members of the Wits Medical aid scheme, is being formulated (it has not yet been finalized).

2.       The University has made it very clear that they understand their obligations to the Pensioner members, and have every intention of keeping to these obligations.

If you have suggestions/concerns on the review, please direct your concerns to the pensioner representative Johan Holtzhauzen  (cc-ed in this email).

Once again, I apologise for the confusion, but I assure you that now that we have a communication list of pensioner members, communication should now be clear between yourselves and Wits on this issue.

Regards,
Melanie Dobbs

Executive Secretary to
Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola