[PulseNet Africa] PulseNet alert FW: [CNPHI-RCRSP] New message posted.

pulsenetafrica at lists.wits.ac.za pulsenetafrica at lists.wits.ac.za
Tue Jan 27 06:40:31 SAST 2015

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: ypi5 at cdc.gov [mailto:ypi5 at cdc.gov]
Sent: 26 January 2015 11:43 PM
To: ypi5 at cdc.gov
Subject: [CNPHI-RCRSP] New message posted.

PulseNet International Collaboration Centre Message posted in forum "Outbreaks and Urgent Notifications".
AUTHOR: Jeniffer Concepcion-Acevedo

International Salmonella Javiana cluster associate with cucumber consumption

In coordination with US health departments and Canada, CDC is investigating a cluster of 36 cases of illness caused by Salmonella Javiana with onsets from October 25 2014 to December 26, 2014. Cases are associated with PulseNet outbreak 1412MLJGG-1 and Xbal patterns JGGX01.0097, JGGX01.2310, and JGGX01.2198. The age range is 2-86 with a median of 18 and 61% of cases are female.  Currently, 86% of our cases are reporting exposures to cucumbers.

Canada has 12 cases and many of them also report cucumbers consumption.

I have included here whole genome sequencing information, TIFF files with the PFGE pattern and a bundle file with additional details. We appreciate if you could investigate possible matches in your databases.

PFGE XbaI patters:

NY15014, lane 3----> JGGX01.0097

NJ15003,lane 7-----> JGGX01.2310

FNW14034, lane 5 ---->JGGX01.2198

Whole Genome Sequencing:

JGGX01.0097--> SAMN03288307

Thank you very much for any information you could provide to investigate this cluster.

Jeny

PulseNet International Coordinator

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those of the National Health Laboratory Service or its management. The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.