[Sugarman] Joburg

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Mon Apr 21 10:46:55 SAST 2014

Dear participants,

This is just a reminder to please let Najibha (najibha.deshmukh at wits.ac.za)
know, if you haven't already done so, what your arrival and departure dates
are for the Johannesburg trip.   If people are arriving in groups we will
arrange shuttles to collect you (but need your times to do that).  The
Gautrain from the airport is extremely efficient and reliable and
well-priced; where it is possible we would like to encourage you to use
it.  Najibha will discuss the best options with each of you.

The Mellon grant will pay for accommodation in Melville from May 4 to May
11, and then May 15 to May 17, but not before or after that.
Accommodation at the Babubung Lodge in the Pilanesberg will also be covered
from May 11 to 15.   We cannot, alas, cover other accommodation costs.

About half of the meals will be organised and non-Johannesburg participants
will also be able to claim back a per diem amount (still to be determined!)
for some of your meals and local transport costs.   We'll say more on that
shortly.   But there will be constraints on the amounts involved.

The readings will be available, for each session, on May 1 in a Dropbox
folder.

Thanks to all, k

--
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,