[Sugarman] Readings and admin

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Tue Apr 29 07:46:02 SAST 2014

Dear colleagues

The programme and readings for the workshops in Johannesburg next week are
now more or less ready.   The programme is still at
http://wiser.wits.ac.za/global-south-idea (it may yet change a little) and
the readings (which will certainly not grow now) are at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r9udrtlbldq50hf/Nmvjvj3soM.   Note that we will
only be reading short extracts from the books included in the dropbox
folders.

I am keen to encourage people to use Zotero to support collaboration, so if
you have an existing Zotero account do, please, send it to me and we can
begin to put together a group library.  This is especially useful for
sharing references with the group.

We will not be providing printing facilities for anyone in Johannesburg, so
it is important to bring a reading device with you or to do some careful
printing before you arrive.   Wits uses Eduroam for visitors' wireless
access but we will, also, be providing uncomplicated private wireless
Internet in the Wiser offices.

We will shortly be sending out a list of the airport transfers and
accommodation details.

More soon, Keith

--
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,