[Sugarman] Outcomes

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Thu May 29 08:57:10 SAST 2014

Dear all,

If you haven't yet completed the assessment survey on the first workshop
please do so now;  to date we have a small group of responses and it would
be good to have a bigger group.  The survey is available from links off
http://wiser.wits.ac.za.

For the purposes of planning I wanted to remind the list that we have five
concentration areas, each with two or more organisers.   These groups have
different plans for their work, and some of those have already been posted
here.  If you have questions please feel free to post them to the general
list.

1)  Toxicity, waste, detritus -- Gabrielle Hecht and Pamila Gupta
2)  Capitalism from the South -- Sharad Chari and Howard Stein
3)  Global South as Idea -- Achille Mbembe, Nancy Rose Hunt and Adedamola
Osinulu
4)  Cultural theory from the Global South -- Sarah Nuttall, Jennifer Wenzel
and Joey Slaughter
5)  States from the South -- Anne Pitcher and Claire Benit-Gbaffou

There was some discussion of a sixth concentration area around performance,
which seems like a good thing to me.

Many thanks, K

---

--
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,