[Sugarman] Social History after Thompson

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Tue Apr 7 17:41:25 SAST 2015

Dear colleagues,

After much hard work from Stephen Sparks and Geoff Eley we have a proposal
for the Michigan - Wits workshop that will take place between 11 and 18
November on EP Thompson and Social History at
http://wiser.wits.ac.za/event/history-after-ep-thompson.  The point of the
workshop is to bring social historians, and those interested in social
history, together from both sides of the Atlantic to consider a set of
problems about historiography and historical analysis.  Please review the
call, and then let us know, using the on-line form that is available on the
page above, whether you are interested in participating.   If you know of
people who should be included in this call (and who may not be on this
list, or even at WIts or Michigan) please give their names and emails to
Stephen Sparks (sjwsparks at uj.ac.za) and Sarah Duff (sarah.duff at wits.ac.za).

Many thanks, k

--
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,