[Sugarman] Call for papers: Communication and Consumer Culture in the South Atlantic

Mehita Iqani Mehita.Iqani at wits.ac.za
Mon Apr 13 12:04:42 SAST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I’m sending this as a follow up to the “Global South” workshop held in May last year.

As part of an ongoing collaboration with colleagues at the ESPM in Sao Paulo, Brazil, I’m pleased to announce that I will be co-editing, With Profa Dra Marcia Tondato, a special issue of the Brazilian journal, Comunicação, Mídia e Consumo (Communication, Media and Consumption), evaluated as level B1 on Qualis-Capes system (range A1-B5) in the Brazilian academy. The theme is Communication and Consumer Culture in the South Atlantic.

Please find the call for papers attached (and also at this link: https://consumerculturenetwork.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/cfp-special-issue-communication-and-consumer-culture-in-the-south/). It will be out in December, and the closing date for paper submissions is the end of August. Submissions are welcomed in English, Portuguese and Spanish and will be double-blind peer-reviewed.

I do hope that you will consider submitting a paper. Please also help me out by spreading this CfP as far and wide as you can to anyone who might be working on relevant trans-national material and is keen to publish in Brazil.

All my best

Mehita

Dr. Mehita Iqani

Senior Lecturer in Media Studies
School of Literature, Languages and Media (SLLM)
University of the Witwatersrand
Room 3064, Senate House
Private Bag X3
2050 Wits