[Sugarman] Call for Proposals for Workshop 3 : Public Space, Infrastructure and Informality in the Splintering City

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Wed Jan 14 21:30:51 SAST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

After the good work of Claudia Gastrow here at Wits, and Martin Murray and
Anne Pitcher at Michigan, we are ready to begin planning in earnest for the
next workshop in the Michigan - Wits Collaboration.  The meeting will take
place in Johannesburg between May 4 and May 10. The theme of the workshop
is *Public Space, Infrastructure, and Informality in the Splintering City*
and it is succinctly described, including prospective sessions, here:
http://wiser.wits.ac.za/page/public-space-infrastructure-and-informality-splintering-city-11660.
There is a link on that page to the Google Docs form that we will be using
to collect proposals for participation.  All travel and subsistence
expenses of those whose applications are accepted, in this case from the
Michigan side, will be paid by the project.  And please note that the
deadline for applications is February 15, 2015.  If you are keen to
participate, please do not delay in reviewing the proposal and completing
the form as spaces for the workshop are much more limited this time.

(You should be able to find the explanation for the meeting and all the
other materials from the links on the WISER website at
http://wiser.wits.ac.za.)

--
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,